![]() |
| Show Your Hearts |
![]() |
| The Berry Family Source |
Despite all of this the children & their extended family are remaining in as good of spirits as they can. The outpouring of support has been amazing & I believe it is one of those situations where the situation was so beyond horrible and tragic, yet there is a glimmer of hope. These children have wonderful friends & family who are supporting them, caring for them, and staying with them. As you can read in this story the boys have moved to a facility in Chicago where they can get the care they need. People are not overlooking how hard it is not only for the kids, but the adults taking care of them and are helping with the living, food, etc. arrangements.
This is a story that has taken hold of the nation and luckily with the help of the media and many celebrities the word is getting out. No matter the current donations or support it is imperative that they continue to be helped. These children are very young and they are going to need help that will sustain them for the longterm.
This story tugs at my heart so much because I know what its like to be in a car accident that takes the life of your parent. Even that experience though doesn't allow me to even come close to comprehending what these children have to face. I'm glad that they have each other, but they should also have each of us as well. I really do believe in the saying it takes a village to raise a child, so it is now our responsibility to help raise these children into healthy and happy adults. These kids have been through more than any of us could fathom going through in a lifetime let alone all at once.
So if you have the means to think of these children the next time you are donating to charity. I'm sure they would also appreciate any thoughts, well wishes, prayers, vibes etc. that you can offer as well. And the next time you are speeding, driving distracted, texting while driving, etc take a moment and realize the impact that a split second can have.
For more information you can check out the fund set up to help the children at Show Your Hearts or follow them on Facebook.


Oh my gosh...that is just so heartbreaking. I can't even imagine. Thank you for sharing this Mallory, as well as your personal experience. I'm sitting here almost in tears thinking about your story, and just want to give you a big hug.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how much we take for granted, and how quickly life can be changed or taken from us. This definitely puts my past few days of a bad mood in perspective, and restores those feelings of being grateful.
Love you<3
Awe! Well I will take a virtual hug for the time being.
ReplyDeleteAnd it is such a heartbreaking story. I feel so bad for those kids, but they are lucky that they have such an amazing support system already around them & hopefully people continue to help them as much as they can.
<3 u & if you're ever having a bad day/in a bad mood feel free to call & vent