Monday, July 25, 2011

Do Your Part: The Great Fundraising Act

   Like I've mentioned before I really feel like it is out responsibility to help others.  On a few of the blogs I follow How Sweet It Is and In My Healthy Opinion (to name a few, & both of these bloggers are fellow Pittsburgh girls) I read about The Great Fundraising Act.  It was put together by blogger Janetha to help another blogger Susan who is facing the battle not only with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, but also the battle of the medical bills.

    One of my jobs I had in college was working for a non-profit that helped raise funds for research and patient services of blood related cancers.  I know stat after stat about Lymphoma & cancer, but more than that I know what it means when the disease is no longer words on a pamphlet, but a person, a name, a fighter.  The stress, pain, sickness, emotions, etc that a cancer patient goes through on a daily basis is more than I could ever fathom dealing with yet, they fight through it.  With all that they are battling its hard to imagine having to battle to pay the bills that are being caused to help you live.  I know that the economy is rough and money is tight, but that's why its more than imperative to help when you can.  I'm sure any amount will ease the financial stress a little bit for Susan and let her focus her fight on what's important.



So I am urging everyone to help support The Great Fundraising Act tomorrow which is a live auction full of goodies.  You can donate directly to the cause or you can bid on an item.  Put it this way, you are going to have to buy gifts coming up for a birthday, the winter holidays, or any other holiday.  Why not bid on an item and then you have one gift checked off all the while supporting a great cause.  There are also gift cards up there so if you are going to shop at the stores anyways why not get a gift card to support the cause.   I took a look and already am having trouble deciding what I want to bid on because there are a lot of great items (200+).

The Auction goes live at 8 am.  Feel free to head over early thought to check out the items.  Good luck bidding :) & special thoughts to Susan as well as thanks to Janetha & all who have/will contribute.  It's people like them, who make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment