![]() |
| Every time I take pics Uptown there is a snap of this gem. |
These past two weeks have been a whirlwind. Besides the normal stuff that keeps me busy I had a friend visit last weekend and then this week my sister came to visit me starting Tuesday night with my mom joining Thursday until they left early Sunday morning. I enjoyed both visits because it was great catching up and having those I love nearby.
I have lived in Charlotte since August. I now know my way all around Uptown and have found a few favorite places. So it was nice to show people around my current city. What was great was while I had visitors I got to experience the city as they got to. My friend had never been here before so everything was new. My mom and sister each have been to Charlotte before, but this time we had more free time than ever before. We went to a few places I haven't been to so I guess you could say I had a "staycation."
If you have never been to Charlotte I urge you to check it out. Friday we went to Uptown and ran into people dressed up in era pieces depicting Mecklenburg County getting their freedom from the British. While there are so many landmarks and plaques all around Charlotte this showed how much the city really values their history. Not going to lie at first I was a littttle confused, but once I figured out what was going on and engaged with the "actors" I appreciated that they were there.
We shopped, had lunch, and then walked around a bit. We went to one of my favorite areas, called The Green. It is just this cute mini park in the city. It has some cute art pieces and is just so peaceful. I love all the little parks, statutes, and fountains in Uptown. The city is so walkable and its nice to just go around and see all the things that make Charlotte special.
![]() | ||
| Piece of art in The Green |
![]() |
| The roof of the above art (yes you can go inside, there's even a seat) |
The time was too short, but Im glad I had visitors. I'm also glad I got to remember why I love this city and was a wake up call that I cant get to comfortable living here - each day I need to go out and find something new about the city as well as never get too settled that I take for granted living in such a beautiful city - I don't know any other city who puts so much into landscaping so it truly is beautiful.
Hope you have the chance to take a vacation and if you can't I hope you get to take a day and pretend you are on vacation in your very own city!
XOXO



No comments:
Post a Comment