Saturday, May 7, 2011

for you from me

My past year has revolved mostly around my first year of law school. So it should be no surprise that the first thought that came to my mind when writing this was what the question that I needed to answer.  I am glad that I can write something that is not constrained by any one topic, my computer still worn out from finals, allows for this creative outlet to be the perfect transition to this blog. 

I think to myself what questions would someone who stumbled upon this blog have?  The first is probably, “who is Mallory?”  and the second is, “why should I read her blog?”  Answers to those questions will also answer why am I writing a blog & what will this blog be about. 

The answer to the first question simply is, “I don’t know.”  I can tell you who I think I am.  I can tell you who I am trying/want to be.  I can tell you about myself.  I can tell you that the who I am will come together for you as you read my blog.  I really do put all of my cards out on the table.  However, who I am is ever changing & impossible to describe.  I truly believe that I, like you, am a little bit different tomorrow than I am today. 

The second question is a little bit easier to answer.  First, enough people have told me to start a blog that I figured I might as well at least give it a shot.  My initial instinct to this would be to be self-deprecating & think, why would anyone want to read what I have to say?  Looking past that I believe everyone has a story & what I have to say might be just what someone else is looking for. So there isn’t any particular reason YOU (someone who stumbled randomly onto this blog) should read my blog other than if you find some entertainment in it.  One thing I sure am is opinionated & stubborn (what can I say Im a Capricorn), but I will never claim to be an expert on anything I blog about.  You still might learn a little something and/or think about something new.  If YOU (person reading this) are a friend – and while I believe the theory that strangers are just people you haven’t met yet, this is directed to all the people who love me faults and all – this is a way we can keep updated on each others lives.  I suck at the phone.  I realize that & since Im the one who probably moved far away in our relationship I take the blame for that too.  There are a few blogs that I read just because they are written by friends.  Its nice to have that peak into their lives.
  Secondly, -pop quiz- what can a person do with a Communications Major with a concentration in Rhetoric and minors in Policical Science and Sociology do?  No, really if you have any ideas I would love to hear them.  In all honesty though that person is me and I feel that I can do nothing and anything at all.  One can become a lawyer, -I’ve already tried that- one could write a book, –that’s on my bucket list (Im thinking a Nicholas Sparksesque romance)- one could become a professor, -also on my bucket list (I need a bit more cred. before that could happen), or one could write a blog.  
   So here you have it.  I have officially entered the world of blogging.  So far so good for me - I like the rawness & unedited nature that blogs create.  All I can say is it was nice to have a little break from rules and elements of the law and just write.  
-Good vibes to you -Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment