Thursday, August 25, 2011

Change Up

So when I decided to start this blog I had one rule: don't post just to post.  That's why I've been MIA lately.  What I figured it I could tell you everything that's been happening in one short post.

Just pretend that we are together drinking coffee and catching up.

I saw the movie The Change Up with three of my girlfriends.  I recommend it.  I recommend it even more if you get ever so slightly tipsy before seeing it (Thank you Hofbrauhaus).  Think a grown up, inappropriately funny version Freaky Friday.  As in instead of innocent little Lindsay Lohan we have pre-jail partying all night Lindsay Lohan (I joke, but I would much rather see her making movies again than in rehab/jail/etc).  Besides the inappropriately funny jokes and witty one-liners you have Ryan Reynolds. All the reason right there.   Check out the trailer here (PS I totally didn't watch it & though Reynolds character was a son switching places with Jason Bateman's character a father.  Nope totally just friends, when did Reynolds get so old?):



The other majority of my time was spent getting items for a yard sale -interesting experience to say the least.  Learned a few things: 1. Just because you lived in the South all summer never once burning doesn't mean you can be outside ALL day up North and not get burnt.  Almost a week later Im still red.  2.  All kinds of people come to yard sales.  When these people come they will buy the things you least expect them to.  3. My table wasn't organized & wasn't priced since I was the last one to get on board for this yard sale.  I think that actually helped me.  My theory is people like the hunt.  4.  Teenage/Twenty-something boys.  People you wouldn't expect to see at a yard sale.  They come though.  I just might question any jewelry that is given to me in the future ;)

Other than that it was just hanging out with friends, unpacking/organizing & shopping.  The way I see it is I gave away like 6 bags of clothes.  Even though my bank account didn't grow I can shop.  Things will balance out in the universe eventually. -If only karma could buy my clothes, shoes & purses.

I can now say I lived through an earthquake.  Much like the horrible hurricane-ish/tornado weather the past few summers I have come to realize that by the time the actual "natural disaster" has happened I didn't know what was coming on.  Ehh, no harm no loss right?  Luckily the local news got us covered & asked the hard hitting question: Did the Steelers feel it?  Now Im a Steelers fan, but come on, who really cares. Maybe there could have been a story there if they felt it, but they didn't.  I mean can you imagine being a player and answering that question? All jokes aside lets keep the earthquakes to the other side of the coast.

Speaking of sports, I finally watched the ESPYS.  I of course enjoy it all, but if you aren't into sports its still a good show because of the laughs from the host (this year was Seth Meyers - such a cutie), emotion from the Arthur Ashe Award & the Jimmy V Perserverance Award. 

This years Aurthur Ashe Award

And acceptance speech

This years Jimmy V award

If you've never seen Jimmy V's Espy Speech it is a much watch

So that's basically it.  Nothing overly exciting.  Trying to enjoy the last few momenst of summer, though you can already feel Fall in the air.

Have you seen any good  movies lately?  Do you watch award shoes?  

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to the The Change Up... I'm too broke to see movies until they come out on DVD though

    And I love the ESPY's... we watched it this year and I was in tears the whole time. Mostly from laughing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that on being too broke to go to the movies, this was my first movie since last summer. It was good, but there are better movie theater movies out there. The good thing about watching Change Up at home is you will be able to laugh at all the inapproiateness without judgement. Perfect movie for both you and ur husband.

    And I agree. Seth Meyers killed it this year :)

    ReplyDelete