 |
| As long as you make it to the top, does anything else matter? |
I'm sure you all have heard some variation of Robert Frost's poem
The Road Not Taken at some point in your life. If not it goes something like "two roads diverged and I took the one less traveled ant that has made all the difference." I'm sure that isn't spot on, but this post is actually directly from my heart, soul, and mind so a Google search isn't necessary. I believe Frost was right, it does make a difference to take a path that is unique. You will learn far more about life, yourself, etc. as well as allow you to have experiences that you otherwise would not get if you were comfortable, complacent, or just like everyone else.
I think though that some times we get caught up in the sense that there is only one path. I don't think that's true. It doesn't have to be so black and white. I have been doing a lot of thinking and am making a life change. The change will come out more in the future, but for now I still have a few people close to me who I want to tell in person so I don't want to announce it here.
Regardless of my life position this can be applied to everyone at any time. I'm a visual person so it was actually thinking of this imagery where I had an ahh ha moment. Back in middle school they had us climb walls. It can be walls, trees, or mountains, but the lesson is all the same. Sometimes when climbing up you have to move back down ever so slightly just so you can get a new path. Sometimes you have to move in a horizontal position a few times before you can move back up. This allows you to change your perspective as well. What is important here is that the end game is still the same. You want to get to the top. You still are on the right path to get to the top, you just might to have changed your position ever so slightly.
 |
| I always loved this pic I took in Dormont, PA |
When you are climbing a tree you don't look at changing to a different branch to be a huge difference. You just see it as a means to the end to get to the top. Yet in "real life" whether it be with our relationships, careers, etc. we sometimes see a change as completely going off course. In the end though a change is just a way to help you get to the top. It doesn't mean you abandoned a certain path it just means you are doing what you need to do to be happy. And in the end, whether it is being happy in your "path" or being happy because you get the amazing view that the hill, mountain, wall, or tree provides, all that matter is that you are happy, challenged yourself, and got to the top of your path even if it meant taking a step in a different direction. So I challenge you; if you currently are not happy in the path that you are taking make a few changes and I bet, you still will reach the top.
MH
No comments:
Post a Comment