Sunday, January 1, 2012

Closing the door on 2011

Hi all.  Hope you had a wonderful holiday season so far.  I am glad that I started this little blog this year & I hope to continue it through 2012.

It is interesting how much importance we put on time and while I'm quite certain that not much will be different when I go to bed tonight and wake up tomorrow it is nice to have a time each year to look back and reflect while looking forward to the future.  I do truly believe in the adages that tell you to look ahead as opposed to your past, but no matter how hard you try to shake it you past has made you into the person you currently are, for better or worse.

As for looking ahead sometimes I think New Years resolutions aren't the best way to go.  I think they are a good guiding point, but I believe my mission in life is to be a better person everyday while also trying to be successful in the areas of my life where my priorities are.  So every day is a new day to re-evaluate how I can evolve into that person.  Plus, a list of resolutions can sometimes just seem daunting.

A new year, much like a new day opens you up to a world of possibilities and a world of greatness.  2011 was full of changes for me.  I truly believe that if you are not happy than you should stop being complacent and find happiness in something.  Was it scary for me to leave law school to start my masters program, you bet.  I'm I happy to start classes again though something I didn't feel with law school, you bet.  Take a chance on yourself whether it is a new job, hobby or relationship.

Thank you 2011, you have been good for my soul.  I have learned a lot about myself and have had one heck of a ride.  While there were some lows I want my future-self to always know this year, like all the other ones has been truly blessed.

Hope all of you had a blessed year as well.  Be safe tonight & have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment